16 - 17 May and 18-19 May, Activity 1.2: Study Visits to Coventry University and Universidad de Alicante
As we progress with Work Package 1, the Latin American delegates made their way to Coventry University, UK and Universidad de Alicante, Spain for the Activity 1.2: Two Study Visits to the EU. The objectives of the two visits were to see firsthand how these universities run their Student Support Centers and learn about inclusion.
Study visit at Universidad de Alicante
Date : Thursday, May 19, 2016 – 09:00 to Friday, May 20, 2016 – 14:00
A study visit took place at the University of Alicante (UA), between the 19th and the 20th May 2016. The partners of the consortium met in order to share best practices and to partake in discussions about improving the quality of higher education for students with disabilities.
The first day, the following topics were introduced by the staff of the University of Alicante:
- Model of disability support centre
- Networking as a strategy for inclusion
- Trajectory and legal framework of student support centre (CAE)
- Universal design of instruction in higher education
- Assistive technologies for higher education
The remainder of the day was dedicated to round tables and debates about adapted and inclusive education from the perspective of UA teachers and students.
The second day of the study visit was devoted to the next area:
- Objectives, principles and organization of Erasmus trip of people with disabilities
- The voluntary service of the UA
- Round tables for sharing experiences of students
- “Accessible campus equal campus”. A model of inclusive university
“Fundación Universia”, associated partner in the MUSE, made a presentation about “how to contribute to the educational inclusion through a foundation” (functioning, objectives, resources and sustainability).
The visit ended with a campus tour showing the resources and technologies accessible on Campus.